In the last week of September, older adults find plenty of interesting things to do and learn during Active Aging Week, The International Council on Active Aging’s (ICAA) annual health promotion event.
In senior centers and retirement communities, parks and health clubs, nature preserves and dance halls, Active Aging Week hosts provide many opportunities to choose an active life:
• Healthy lifestyle presentations for diabetes, arthritis, depression and other conditions
• Nutrition and lifestyles presentations
• Brain fitness and healthy mental outlooks
• Health and fitness assessments
• Concerts, singalongs, dancing
• Group exercise, strength training,Tai chi and yoga
• Games and challenges
• Strolls and walks
• Health fairs, referrals, government programs
• Free food, prizes, coupons, pedometers and t-shirts
As our regular readers appreciate we fully support this effort to engage seniors in healthy activities. Please see what events are available in your area.
Eat less; move more.