Wonderful post full of worthwhile information.
Eat less; move more; live longer. Words to live by.
According to a book released in April, entitled Blue Zone Solutions, there’s a methodology to living a long and healthy life. Author of the book Dan Buettner and CEO of the eponymous organisation spent a decade visiting and studying populations or ‘Blue Zones’ where individuals live inordinately long and healthy lives.
There were some common denominators to how these people lived their lives. They are as follows
- Physical activity incorporated naturally into their daily lives, i.e. gardening, walking, taking the stairs rather than the lift, working out.
- Having a sense of purpose, caring for a loved one, volunteering.
- Low stress levels and a slower pace of life
- Strong family and community connections
- A diet of moderate caloric intake from mostly plant sources.
Icaria in Greece
A tiny dot in the Aegean Sea, people here live on average eight years longer than Americans and experience 20% less cancer, half the rate…
View original post 158 more words