Simple and effective. This is a short post, but worth a look.
Eat less; move more.
To read further on heart health, check out my Page – How to Lose Weight and Keep it Off.
Are you concerned about your heart health?
Here are some tips to help you look after your heart.
- Quit smoking now. Twelve months after quitting, your increased risk of dying from heart disease will be half that of a continuing smoker.
- Improve your diet. Include wholegrain cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet and lower your risk of heart disease.
- Exercise regularly. Walk briskly for 30 minutes a day and reduce your risk of heart attack by one third.
- Maintain your friendships. People with supportive friendship networks are at less risk of heart disease.
- Eat more fish. Oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will boost your good cholesterol.
- Switch your chocolate choice. Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When eaten in moderation, dark chocolate is good for your heart.
- Limit your alcohol. It is recommended you limit yourself…
View original post 77 more words