Very few of us get enough of these vegetarian rock stars. Here are some good reasons why we should up our ante of green veggies.
- Collards: An excellent source of fiber, vitamins A and K, and calcium. Since they are full of Phytochemicals, they may help prevent cancers and promote heart health!
- Mustards: These leafy greens have a spicy, peppery flavor. They have vitamins A, C, and K, calcium, and fiber!
- Cabbage: Full of fiber and rich in vitamins C and K. Eating cabbage regularly may help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Chard: Available in several varieties, this leafy green provides vitamins A, K, magnesium, potassium, and is higher on the sodium side (315 milligrams per cup)
- Kale: An excellent source of lutein and vitamins A, C, and K, and a good source of calcium.
- Arugula: This peppery salad green is an excellent source of vitamin K. It can be used a spice or eaten raw as lettuce leaves!
- Romaine: A good source of folate and vitamin…
View original post 96 more words